Top 10: Ballet Flats The S/S 14 Edit

As a young girl I used to do ballet, I loved my attire for ballet class, I’d wear a leotard, wrap –cardigan, tights and my special ballet shoes and l would never want to take it off.

I’ll never forget how desperate I was to reach a certain grade and age just so that I could go onto points when I was at dance school. Ballet was great except when it came to exams, I’d be nervous yet smiling throughout as butterflies swirled around inside of my tummy.
I’m no way near as agile or as flexible as I used to be and I’m glad that you don’t have to be to wear a good pair of ballet flats. Every time I don a pair of ballet flats these days, I feel as though I’m vicariously living my childhood in some form of small entity. I love how this artful dance has essentially made its way through to a mainstream fashion, where everybody is rocking this shoe style all over the globe.
Ballet will always be a common stylized theme point of inspiration for many. Ballet was a huge theme for Viktor & Rolf S/S 14 couture show, they took the traditional ballerina's and portrayed the models as quirky unconventional ballet dancers with fuzzy afro like hair. Ballet style footwear is the ultimate flattie shoe that you can wear no matter the season. I have had so many pairs i'd dread to know the amount i've brought, to be fair most of them had been done to death or I've had to chuck out because of bad odour.
I think almost every girl now owns a pair of ballet flats, which is ironic considering the fact fashion critics saw Kate Moss walk in a pair and doubted the shoe style would ever take off. But my, they were wrong. This is the most practical shoe style to ever of graced the planet. They are the ultimate shoe, especially if you’re not one to wear heels, you can walk for miles in a pair of flats and not feel a flinch of pain or bare any blisters.
There is no shoe out there more perfect for the summer, they are shoes that are light and comfortable, versatile enough to team with most of your wardrobe. Ballet flats are so practical because you can move around on your daily rounds swiftly. This shoe style makes a good commute shoe where you’ll have a steady grip, and if you have to tuck them into your handbag for a quick change, it won't weigh a ton.
Because ballet shoes are flat they are so comfortable, there’s nothing worse than being in a pair of shoes all day, tightly gripping your feet where you end up with awful bunions and corns. Ballet flats have got to be the most comfortable shoes out there, where the value of the comfy aptitude has been developed into a shoe collection called Rollasole, who specialize in ballet flat shoes for a night out, not to rock in the club but for after when your feet are aching with every step you take after strutting your stuff in sky scrapper like Louboutin stiletto heels.
Ballet shoes are available in a variety in styles, where you can choose a pair of cool on trend leopard print numbers to a style that is foldable footwear unfolded. It’s a shoe style that you don’t have to just stop at one pair, you can have them in the colours of the rainbow if you’d like.
Anybody who is anybody loves a ballet flat, with celebrities like Victoria Beckham, Paris Hilton to Kate Moss and Pippa Middleton all know the value of having a ballet flat as your best, best friend. There just so easy, they completely take the head ache out of getting ready when you’re in a rush in the morning, a shoe style you can just slip them on and off so effortlessly. What I really love about this style of footwear is that you can wear them for any occasion, from doing your grocery shopping to more formal events like the day at the races and still look stylish and cool.

In celebration of a shoe that you can wear anywhere, I have listed the top 10 new season styles...



Source: Two: ALAÏA






Source: Six: Kenzo


Source: Seven: Tod's




Source: Nine: Miu Miu


Source: Ten: Fendi

I hope you enjoyed the edit as much as I loved bringing it you. This season will be all about some explosive trends from statement heels to graphic animal and floral prints to monochrome looks with everything in-between.
The easiest way to explore a fashion trend is through how you accessorise your look, shoes are ultimate style pick to go for when you’re tapping into a trend. Let your shoes do all the talking when it comes to finishing off your most stylish look.
Which would you want to rock this spring summer?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author