As London Fashion kicks off today I can’t help but franticly pin all my favourite looks onto ‘my style’ Pinterest board. As much as we all would love to dress head to toe in high end designer clothes, realistically this type of fashion addiction can only be maintained by those who quite frankly have a net worth. Let’s face it choosing an on trend tiger print jumper from Kenzo might delight and last you throughout the season, but more likely than not the same time next year it would be a piece that you can no longer stand the sight of and another item of clothing added to the pile to sell on Ebay.
With autumn winter pieces making way into stores and online it’s another chance for us to submerse ourselves in yet another of what I like to call a retail therapy session that is more of a unjustified extravagant shopping spree. The big question is how do you decipher from what you want and what you need? It doesn’t get any easier in fact a whole lot more complex, because you need to ascertain what you’re buying in terms of suiting your personal style. Do you buy bold statement key pieces or on trend must haves?
The real answer is there is no right or wrong way of going about and picking out all your wardrobe essentials. But if you want to wear designer fashion and can’t afford for your whole entire wardrobe to be made up of designer pieces then there is no better way of getting taste for exquisite designer fashion than focusing your buys on designer accessories. I love to mix designer with high street fashion because designer accessories can complement even a Primark ensemble.
There are so many styles of accessories to choose from, teaming a quirky accessory with simple ensemble can say a lot about your fashion sense in a way that is cool and edgy yet understated. Accessories can really help to lift a look; directional accessories do this also but with more of an umph, giving an outfit definition and that added texturized depth.
By wearing accessories can really take your look into a new dimension. Hats, rings to braces, shoes and ties all can help to enhance one’s personal style to an equivocal fashion forward look that is unique you.
In celebration of new season accessory arrivals, I have put together a collection of investment style picks that are fashion forward and directional enough to keep your style fresh and distinguishable amgonst the rest.
1. £270- Culter and Gross D-Frame acetate optical glasses- Styling your look with the right eyewear can give you a look that is contemporary and sophisticated. Be it a pair of sunnies or a pair of geek glasses, just ensure the frame you choose suits your face.
2. £415- Vionnet Belt- This statement gold designer belt is a luxe versatile number that you can team with many looks from dresses to skirts and even jackets. Gold entwined with garments and accessories are hot this season and this belt is on trend with its chunky buckle design. This belt is style pick that you can wear time and time again to keep your style funky and fresh.
3. £7,030- Michael Kors Mink Wrap- This black fur wrap is the perfect winter accessory to keep you warm and stylish all season long. You can team this piece with a huge variety of overcoats from quilted padded to oversized cocoon shape coat or even a leather jacket. This is a style pick that can be worn and styled in multiple ways over the shoulders or around the neck. This is an investment piece that you can bring out of the closet year after year to give you a style that is effortless and chic. The price for this mink fur wrap is very expensive but for more affordable and ethical versions the high street will have what you are looking for.
4. £4,666- Repossi Berbere 18 karat gold ring- This ring has an interlinking chain design that is unusual and unique. Once on, the ring becomes your finger taking up both the bottom and top sections. The design of the ring gives the illusion off multiple thin bands spread evenly up the finger. This ring is in real gold which is why it commands such a high price, to find a similar style of ring at a more affordable price, visit high street stores and in the costume jewellery sections there will be plenty of similar styles on offer.
5. £649- Yang Li strap derby shoe- Never under estimate the power of a shoe and how it can elevate your look. These directional flats are perfect for teaming with all your off duty and sartorial wardrobe pieces. These shoes are super stylish and don’t compromise style over comfort, team these with either a skirt or trousers and have heads turning at your Avant guard style.
6. £105- Dsquared2 brooch- This stunning leaf design brooch is perfect for wearing with shirts, these styles of brooches look super cool featured on shirt that is buttoned right up and sits in the place of a neck tie. It’s the perfect way to add glitz and sparkle to your look without wearing jewellery.
7. £316- Gigi Burris millinery ‘nell’ federa- This black hat is a cool style pick for autumn winter because it will instantly add depth to any outfit you pair it with. Hats are cool and practical, they can keep your head warm and the thing I love about hats the most is that you can wear them and still have flexibility in the way you style your hair, either wearing it up or down for a ultra cool look.
8. £177- Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons circle tote- This stylish circle bag in leather is a great way to add a style aesthetic to your look with a quirky edge. The bag is in the most simplest of the designs but this enables you to team t with it with most any of your wardrobe essentials.
9. £215- Siant Laurent Silk-chiffon and leather neck bow-This pretty pink neck tie is an elegant and sophisticated way to accessories your look. This would look amazing with a shirt or a bandoo top that doesn’t have any straps. Introducing a piece like this with your sartorial look will add sophisticated femininity to your style in a innovative way.
10. £375- Ann Demeulemeester- These braces are a cool way to accessories adding depth to any look you team them with. These braces will compliment a sports luxe style aesthetic or enhance the look of androgynous fashion style.
11. £1,108- Charlotte Olympia ‘Wolf’ pump- These monochrome textured shoes feature a stiletto heel and a round toe. These shoes will elevate your style and can be easily teamed with looks for the day or night.
12. £390-Maison Martin Margiela knuckle ring-This matt gun metal ring features three bands, it’s super stylish and is that statement key piece jewellery that works with casual and smart looks.
There you have it, designer accessories that are classic winners that you can wear for years to come.
What designer clothes or accessories are on your wish list for this season?