Classic: The Little Black Dress



I’m off to Vogue Festival this weekend.  I’m now starting to have kittens because like always, I’ve gone and left getting my outfit ready until the last minute.

Vogue Festival is a two day extravaganza that sees the world’s biggest fashion talents come together for interviews and discussions. This year will be the third year running where a whole list of industry experts will be part of this a sought after event.

Like London Fashion Week I tend to make bit of an effort with my outfit seeing that fashion is all about clothes and style.


What do I wear to the Vogue festival? This is the big question, I’ve thought about channelling a few different looks. I wanted to go for a sports luxe style aesthetic where I was thinking I could wear a directional mesh piece teamed with a skirt, leather cap finished off with a pair of black pointed pumps? Then I was thinking that it’s still quite nippy out there and that I may just opt for a really cool layered look.

So indecisive I know but then I remembered a quote from one of my favourite fashion Icons Audrey Hepburn which she once said ‘When a little black dress is right, there is nothing else to wear in its place.’ This in a nutshell has inspired me to keep it simple and classic with a little black dress. A black dress will always look understated chic and I don’t  want to overdo my look because  I need to bear  in mind that I am working and I’m not there for peacocking purposes.



This season like every season has so many black dress styles on offer, which makes the task a lot harder in making sure you pick the right one. I’ve picked out my top 10 designer and high street styles which I need to make a decision on quickly.

One: T by Alexander Wang- £150- www.theoutnet.com


Two: Phillip Lim- £521- www.matchesfashion.com


Three: Marchesa- £1,500- www.stylebop.com


Four: Versace- £893-http://uk.versace.com


Five: Alice + Olivia-£180- www.mytheresa.com

Six: Love- £34- www.topshop.com


Seven: Lydia- £6.00-www.boohoo.com


Eight: Lace Maxi-£18.95-www.forever21.com



Nine: Silk Panel-£69- www.cosstores.com


Ten: Minna- £70- www.whistles.co.uk




All of these styles have the perfect balance of comfort and style. Which one do you think I should wear for this weekend and do you fancy any?

Image Source: www.pinterest.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author