Alexander Wang X H&M


I woke up ridiculously early on Sunday morning for some reason. It was as if my slumbering subconscious mind knew something epic had happened, something that is set to make fashion fangirls and boys the world over squeal with excitement.

I feel the need to point out here that I am not one for being too showy when it comes to excitement, I’m more of the laid back ‘yeah whatever’ kind of gal. But when I woke up on Sunday morning to news that H&M’s latest designer collaboration was none other than Alexander Wang I must admit I did do a little squeal of joy.

No, I was not still sleeping and dreaming of matches made in designer/high street heaven, I was wide awake staring at a looped video on Instagram that simply read “Wang x H&M 11:06”.

Five months after the highly anticipated collection by Isabel Marant pour H&M was released the announcement of H&M’s tenth anniversary collaboration was to be with the uber cool New Yorker Alexander Wang.

Wang, who is currently the Creative Director of Balenciaga, is renowned for his iconic cool monochrome sports luxe aesthetics usually spotted on off-duty models and down town cool-girl socialites. But rejoice; now we can be just as stylish as them – without the high end price tag; thank you fashion Gods!

H&M’s Creative Director Margarita Van Den Bosch explained the brand’s choice of designer; ‘he understands exactly what people want to wear and does it with an energy and passion that’s infectious.’ She continued ‘He’s very contemporary. It’s very young but it’s also things that can be worn by any age because of his influences in tailoring and sport. He’s very much today.’

Wang, who is the youngest designer to collaborate with the Swedish high street chain, follows in the footsteps of some of the most revered names in the fashion industry including Karl Lagerfeld, Stella McCartney, Versace, Lanvin and Marni (to name but a few). 

The young designer said that he was honoured to be working with the brand but was quick to note that ‘the idea of collaborations isn’t new anymore, they’ve been done from all angles,’ he continued ‘when they approached me I wanted to do something different. It will be a new take on a lifestyle offering.’

I’m not sure exactly what a ‘lifestyle offering’ entails but if it includes his amazing accessories and luxe basics then I’ll see you at the front of the queue on November 6th!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author