We’ve got less than 10 days to go, and Christmas panic is setting in. It can be really difficult to find the perfect gift, even more so when you don’t have £150 to drop on every gift – not unless you want to start the new year in a pile of debt. So we’ve tried to take the stress out of gift giving, by handpicking the best gifts under £25 that still have a very luxurious feel to them.
1. Let them eat cake for breakfast (figuratively) with Kate Spade’s tongue-in-cheek notebook. Penmanship doesn’t get any more stylish, or girlier, than this hot pink cover and multi-coloured ribbons. Ideal for jotting down all her bright ideas.
2. Cocktail connoisseurs and house-proud friends alike will appreciate this Mason jar cocktail shaker. The inbuilt strainer makes it easy to serve up professional-level cocktails, and it could double up as a vase if you remove the lid. Available from Harvey Nichols.
3. Give the gift of great hair with a voucher for Hershesons blow dry bar. Lucky recipients of a £25 voucher can choose one of the twelve fashion-forward looks on the menu (which is updated every season to keep up to date with the latest trends) before a big night out. Perfect for social butterflies with a busy schedule, as each appointment is only a speedy 30 minutes.
4. Who doesn’t like sea salt caramel truffles? No-one. This box from Prestat is a luxury option for those times when only chocolate will do, and it comes in a very gift-worthy box. The dark chocolate cuts through the decadence and sweetness of full-cream caramel and crystallised sea sale, for a treat that’s rich without being over the top. Available from Liberty for £11.50.
5. If they’ve got a wandering eye when it comes to fashion, tap into the fluffy bauble trend (started by Fendi and seen on Cara Delevingne, Kendal Jenner etc) before it goes. Whistles have tossed up this marbled black and grey version, which will look great bobbling along on backpacks and clutches alike.
6. Ciate are the Crème de la Mer of nail varnishes. So buy two £19 pots, wrap them up nicely and no-one will be complaining. My favourites would be ‘Spinning Teacup,’ a sweet lilac shade, and the silver-flecked ‘Tweed.’ They also have plenty of manicure kits still under £25 (think velvet finishes, feathers, and 3D florals).
7. Philip Kingsley is pretty much the kind of high-end hair care, and this Christmas gift set is perfect for treating someone to a touch of his magic. And it comes in a cracker, which definitely helps.
8. A failsafe gift for pretty much anyone would be this mini candle from Diptyque. Their Baies scent is a classic combination of rose and blackcurrant that very few people manage not to love. But you could opt for Ambre, Jasmin or Patchouli if you want something more distinctive – they’re each £20.
9. A great gift for serial tea drinkers – or distant aunts that you maybe don’t know very well – these Chinese damask rose buds unfurl in hot water, for the prettiest cup of tea you’ll ever drink. They’re meant to relieve anxiety and stress, probably something to do with the beautiful floral scent they release. Find them at Harvey Nichols for £19.95.