One wardrobe basic that everyone should own is a good old shirt. I’m not talking of the skool shirt kind, but a stylish designer or high street number that has the ability to enhance or complete a fashion forward look.
When it comes to plumping out the wardrobe, I’m a firm believer in the notion 'buy less choose well'…well that’s if you can afford it! Shopping for clothes or key piece items like bags and shoes I'd always go designer. Why? If you choose designer pieces that are timeless and classic, you will always get that substantial cost per wear out of the item, meaning that you can wear them with multiple looks season after season. Most high street picks just don't last! Yes, you may end up with only a few pieces in your wardrobe, but quality over quantity, where the craftsmanship, design disciplines and fabrics sourced for designer clothes are just unequivocal to its high street number.
Shirts are that piece that you can style endlessly, there not a piece you have to savour for your most sartorially sophisticated outings but it’s piece you can bring out and entwine into your everyday repertoire, where you can achieve looks that ooze that avant-garde aesthetic.
Whether you want to rock leather cropped trousers or tracksuit style joggers, pair a shirt with these kind of looks and instantly lend your ensemble that understated chic appeal, where you can opt for style picks that are unique in design with the most distinctive contemporary cuts and adornments.
1. Chloe-Fashion Forward.com- This designer top is in a round neck design featuring crochet detailing which is a stylish way to tap into one of this season’s hottest trends. Wear this with flared black trousers for a contemporary 70’s inspired look.
2. Christopher Kane-The Outnet.com-Spruce up your wardrobe with one the most covet animal prints of the season with this snake skin silk shirt. This is a timeless number you can re-invent time again.
3. Haider Hackerman-Luisaviaroma.com- This beautiful oversized silk shirt in deep purple is that trusted wardrobe investment you can wear no matter the season. This piece would look sultry worn on its own with a leather vest and statement ankle boots.
4. Annu-sui- Net-a-porter.com- This PJ silk shirt top is in the most beautiful printed design. Rock this with a pencil skirt and tie-up heels for a chic relaxed look.
5. Chole-Myteresa.com- Work this lemon sorbet delight with anything from fresh white wide leg trousers to a pair of ripped boyfriend jeans and sneakers.
1. Striped draped-Topshop.com- This cream blouse featuring a burgundy and navy thick stripe is the perfect everyday shirt you can team with jeans and blazer.
2. Elizabeth and James-Matches Fashion.com-This red and white striped shirt would be the perfect accomplice with a pair of cropped tailored trousers and brogue shoes.
3. Etro-Mytheresa.com-This baby blue stripped designer shirt in a cool directional design that sees a long body cut in a dynamic stripy pattern. This number would look super stylish paired with ice white accessories for a fresh new season look.
4. Violantis-By Malene Briger-This heavy cotton baby blue shirt is in a timeless classic design, it's an investment piece you can pull out season after season.
5. Multi colour striped shirt- Choises.com-This high street number is in a funky design that see’s printed patterns printed in a patch work like design. Rock this with a a denim skirt and chunky sandals for a cool off duty look!
1. Juan Carlos Obando-Matches.com- Statement shirts come at statement prices, but this beautiful sky blue blouse made in silk is in the most beautiful minimal design that sees a transparent gauzey silk back panel. It’s a wanderlust item everyone wishes were in their wardrobe!
2. Chloe-Net-a-porter.com-This white the shirt is in a bo-ho inspired design features black tassels on the front panels as well as on the shoulders and arms. Don this with black cropped trousers or pencil skirt for a look that embraces the age of Innocence.
Dusan-Farfetch.com- This Metallic silver shirt will give any look that understated glam appeal. Rock this piece with plain or printed pieces for a sensational fashion forward look.
4. Purple geometric print-River Island.com-This statement print shirt is a fun way to work print into your wardrobe this season. Work these with a pair of denim flares for a stylish on trend look.
5. Giambattista-Valli-The Outnet.com-If you’re going to be taking a walk on the wild side this season, snake skin is the most covert animal print of the season. This piece is a versatile number in which you can wear with looks to the office or off duty with a blazer and jeans.