I absolutely love dressing for spring summer, it’s far more effortless and more affordable without the need for all those layers.
Entering on into the New Year is the perfect excuse for a little wardrobe detox, I'm so excited to start plumping out my wardrobe with some cool classic pieces intrinsic to my personal style, as I’m quite literally sick of scrolling through all the sale pages.
When it comes to making fashion purchases especially designer, I seek my inspiration from a variety of sources whether it is straight from the runway or insane celebrity style to steal to regular street style looks that I want to make my own.
I like to be aware of the trends although I would not say that I’m a die- hard trend follower but I do find inspiration in trends when it comes to me deciphering my wardrobe style picks. I’ve always been a bit reluctant to buying into trends just because fashion moves so fast I don’t want to end with bad wardrobe choice’s that I can’t even wear next season.
If I'm going to go the trend route, I stay in Vogue by subtly tapping into the latest trends by opting for style picks that are timeless, classic numbers so that you know you won’t have to ditch the pieces the following season, where investing in accessories is a great way to play around with new trends.
The lovely people over at Farfetch created this infographiv, which is a 2015 Fashion Forecast showing us exactly what we need to be donning the season…
I like all of the trends in this beautiful infographic, I can’t say I’ll be rocking all of the trends out, but I know I’ll be certainly be making a few purchase’s when it comes to a pair of Gladiator sandals, a bucket bag and chocker. I’ve had a little hunt around for the most stylish and versatile style picks so you and I can be well on our way to an on-trend wardrobe refresh!
1. Rebecca Minkoff-£364.82-Nordstorm.com- These stiletto heeled gladiator sandals in a lace tie-up and buckle design would make the perfect addition to any shoes collection. Rock these with a pencil skirt dress for a night out or in an off duty look with boxy boyfriend cut denim shorts.
2. Ancient Greek Sandals-£413.28-Saksfithavenue.com- Give your look that understated sparkle with these metallic gold gladiator sandals which would look superb paired with anything from a bo-ho inspired maxi dress to a printed sartorial matching set.
3. Schutz-£213.60-Shopbop.com-This midi brown gladiator sandals are the perfect choice for those with shorter legs as these beauties can help you to elongate the legs in all of your summer looks.
4. Valentino-£728.00-Luisaviroma.com- This design sees a twist in design with thin straps that tie up and around the leg. This style is super eloquent and would chic paired with a maxi skirt with a side slit.
5. New look-£18.00-Newlook.com-Its always best to invest in designer shoes where the design, style and quality is unequivocal to its high street sister. However, these black gladiator sandals area great affordable alternative that will keep your style on top this season.
1. Alexander Wang-£735.00-Harrods.com-You can never go wrong with black style picks because it always looks chic. This designer treat from Alexander Wang would make the ideal everyday handbag that will go with almost any look for any occasion.
2. Elizabeth and James-£396.05-Shopbop.com-This stunning cotton candy pink bucket bag features a design with zip detailing, in which you can whereas hand bag or cross body. This piece would be the finishing touch to a pastel inspired summers look.
3. Gerad Darel-£365-Monniefreres.co.uk- This indie inspire bucket bag is of one of the most beautiful designs of the season. The design sees a metallic treatment on leather snake skin in a fringe design which will enhance any look you pair it with.
4. Mansur Gavriel-£545-Net-a-porter.com- This minimalist white bucket bag is an eloquent dreamy number that would look fresh with anything from all-white looks to all sports luxe inspired ensembles.
5. Leoffler Randall-£256-Farfetch.com- This perforated bag is a directional style pick, it’s ideal for the summer in which you could rock with office looks or active wear inspired outfits for that fierce statement look.
1. Mikey Crystal Chain in Metal Choker-£30-Houseoffraser.co.uk- This piece will give your look that blinging glam chic appeal. Wear this choker with an evening or with a white shirt to spruce up your office look.
2. Semi-precious-£12.50-Topshop.com- This gorgeous blue stone chocker will give your look that added fashion forward depth. Rock it with either your sartorial or off duty wardrobe for an on-trend look.
3. Loves rock nail wrap choker necklace-£36.37-Asos.com- This choker is the perfect way to play around with one of this season’s hottest trends. This rose gold piece will give your look that subtle chic appeal.
4. Peach beaded choker with Tear-£5.00-Matalan.co.uk- This pretty peach necklace featuring a crystal stone is all you need to inject a bit of dainty elegance into your everyday look.
5. Eddie Borgo-£312-Matchesfashion.com-This rose gold plated safety chain necklace design is the designer style pick to invest in this season. Its chunky design will lend any look a sophisticated avant-garde aesthetic.
There you have it, will you be trying out any of these trends this season?