Belted Coats perfect for Spring Summer



I know it’s kind of sad to be just thinking about what I'm going to buy for my spring summer wardrobe. It can quite understandably be regarded as superficial I know, especially when there are critical world affairs going on all around me and you. But a spot of retail therapy treating oneself to a YSL bag never hurt anyone.

I’ve got my eye on more than a few treats but one wardrobe essential I can’t get enough of at the moment are coats. I was completely torn on what style I was going to buy, I didn't know whether I was going to opt for a trench, parker or bomber.  But now I've nailed it, the one item I will most defiantly be investing in this spring summer is a nice light weight belted overcoat.  Light weight coats are going to be a huge trend for S/S 14, which is quite unusual for this season where we normally tend to get this array of styles mostly in autumn winter collections.

The belted coat has really caught my eye this season because its a good way to experiment with your style and subtly change it up. I love the way this style of summer coat fastens, the belt feature is far easier than messing with a load of buttons.

The belted coat is a worth while investment piece. Its a wardrobe basic that will work well with the spring summer trend of layering where you can complete a style aesthetic that is sartorial inspired. This style of coat tends to be designed at longer lengths which is practical cut to have as it will help to keep you warm on nippier days. 



This coat style provides good versatility because if you want you can dress it down for the day and channel a sports luxe look which is a super stylish look to go for on the weekend. Or if you’re like me and like to go for the cheeky drink after work on a Friday, then a belted coat style will keep your style fresh taking you effortlessly from day to night.

The belted coat is well and truly a good all-rounder, it goes well with accessories, as well as being a piece that transitions well in-between seasons.

I’ve picked out the best 5 styles this season has to offer…


One- BikBok.com-£69.95




Two- Whistles.co.uk-£495


Three-MaxMara-£1,080.00



Four- DSquared- £871.65



Five- Liska-£4,804




With any coat the cut and fit matters. You want the sizing of your belted coat not to be too oversized but fit snugly with enough space to wear either a blazer or a statement sweater underneath. With so many stores to shop from and array of styles and designers on the market it’s always hard to know what size will fit you well. It can become frustrating when you have to constantly Google size conversion tables. But thankfully it seems that Googling conversion tables will now be a thing off the past, thanks to Farfetch and their size guide widget. The Farfetch size widget will tell you what size your are over a good cross section of brands.  Check it out and get the perfect size fit for you.
Created by Farfetch There you have it my Top 5 belted coat styles. Is this a style pick you will be trying out this season?



Image source: www.pinterest.com
Image source: www.thehautepursuit.com
Widget: http: www.farfetchassets.com/size-widget


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author