You don’t need a man (or woman) to buy you an extortionately over-priced bouquet of roses on February 14th just because Hallmark decided that it was the only way to express love. The thing is; you don’t need anyone to treat you on a specific day, you can treat yourself.
This Valentines we’re reclaiming Valentines for the masses, you don’t have to be in a relationship to be spoilt, take the time to spoil yourself this year, after all; you deserve it. You’ve been working hard over the last few months, January has taken its toll on all of us, the weather is miserable and overall we’re all feeling a little deflated. So why not take this opportunity to do something to make you feel a little better.
We’ve put together a little list of things that we’ve been lusting after for a while now, and we might just treat ourselves to this February. What do you think? Will you be treating yourself to something special next week?
1. Kenzo Flying Tiger Chukka Printed sneakers - £67 – mytheresa.com – Take a step in the right direction with these cooler than cool Kenzo chukka boots. At £67 they’re an absolute steal.
2. TOPSHOP Nails in pastel glitter - £6 – Topshop.com – Nothing makes you feel more special than a proper pamper. Why not invest in a new season nail colour and give yourself a manicure, guaranteed to lift your spirits.
3. Aerie Audrey Lace detail underwear set - £25 – AE.com – Whoever’s idea it was that you need a man to wear sultry underwear was mistaken. Wearing a great set of matching undies is an instant way to feel fantastic.
4. NARS Semi Matte Lipstick in Jungle Red - £16 – Net-a-porter.com – Give your makeup bag an update with a luxe lipstick from NARS, find the perfect colour for your skin-tone and then keep it in your beauty arsenal for whenever the occasion strikes.
5. Olivia von Halle Alba Edie Printed silk-satin pyjama set - £295 – oliviavonhalle.com - Start your day off on the right side of the bed in a pair of luxurious silk pyjamas. You don’t have to break the bank and get these nearly £300 pair but you can find much more reasonably priced styles at John Lewis.
6. Elemental Bath Detox - £18 – Nestdallas.com – Kick back and relax in style with a sumptuous bath detox which will help purify, energise and revitalise your mind, body and soul!
7. Kenzo iPhone Eye Cover - £68 – monnierfreres.co.uk – Lend your everyday accessories a touch of Kenzo’s urban cool with this uber chic Eye iPhone case.
8. Glass of wine (or two) – After primping and pampering what better way to treat yourself than a large glass of your favourite vino? We can’t think of one thing!
9. J. Crew Radiating Triangles necklace - £72 – Jcrew.com – Once in a while you deserve a little something special, why not invest in a statement necklace or a brilliant pair of earrings to brighten up any tried and tested ensemble.
10. Saint Laurent Metallic Leather Card Holder - £110 – ysl.com - Give your wallet a new year’s update with this striking card holder from Saint Laurent, timeless and bound to be the envy of all your friends!
11. Diptyque Roses Scented candle - £40 – Farfetch.com – Set a romantic mood any day of the year with this fantastic rose scented candle, after all roses wilt but a Diptyque candle will last much, much longer!